Join now - be part of our community!

KD-43XF7596 - The tv starts by itself

profile.country.RO.title
dorian.hodisan
Explorer

KD-43XF7596 - The tv starts by itself

My Sony tv KD-43XF7596,starts by itself, without touching the remote control. I close the tv when i go to sleep, and after one hour or two, my tv opens by itself. Or i go to eat and when i return in the room i would find the tv running. For example, today when i came from work, my tv was running, and when i asked the other persons who lives with me in the apartment, nobody touched the remote control.

I live in the same apartment with my parents, and my father has the same kind of tv, sony Android, KD-49XD7005, which is connected to the same wifi network, and the curios fact is that my father's tv did not encounter the problem that my tv encountered, and it was purchased two or three yeas ago.

I purchased my Andriod Sony tv, KD-43XF7596, 6 months ago and i started to experience this kind of manifestation 3 or 4 months ago.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

A few things...

Next time you go out take the remote with you or take the batteries out if the remote and hide it...it could well be your housemate playing tricks in you but equally it could be a faulty remote.

Something I found, if I have my XBox switched on but my TV switched off...when the XBox automatically shuts down it switches my TV on!! So it could be that...

Try disconnecting your parents TV from the WiFi see if that helps..

And lastly go into settings and see if you have any Timer settings....see what your power is doing, is the TV going into sleep and then waking up...

If I had to bet...you have an XBox plugged into it....

Hope this helps