Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49X8005C wont turn on

profile.country.GB.title
mahall1988
Explorer

KD-49X8005C wont turn on

my sony bravia KD-49X8005C doesnt turn on any more. when i press the power button on the tv or remote the led bar at the bottom of the tv comes on then fades out.

I managed to get it to turn on once by pressing and holding the on button and volume up button while switching the socket on. it reset the tv and i had to set it up again. 

however the following day it wouldnt turn on again. now i cant get it to come on at all.

any idea what could be wrong with the TV or a way to fix it.

i will add that the colour was slightly off (if i looked at the writing on the sky epg it was green not white) before this started happening, and the 1 time i got it back on it was back to normal.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @mahall1988 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

If a reset hasn't helped, its probably best to give Support

a call on +44 (0) 2073652810.

profile.country.GB.title
mahall1988
Explorer

unfortunatly sony said i need to take it to a service center and as its out of warrenty it wouldnt be cheap and my nearest service center is 52 miles away. 

GavJL78
New

I'm having exactly the same problem, and it started after a software update. You were probably right not to take it to a Service Centre. I paid £25 for them to take a look at it, and they called me today to say they need £379 to fix it!

profile.country.GB.title
NNOPeel
Explorer

Is there a solution to this? Don’t want to hear about having to send it away, really need to know what’s wrong so I can decide whether, or how, to fix it. This really shouldn’t happen to a quality device like this with less than 4 yrs on the clock!

profile.country.GB.title
mahall1988
Explorer

I'm sorry to say I ended up taking it to a local TV repair center. He had it for 3 days and replaced the motherboard. It cost £80 and I'm still using the TV today

profile.country.GB.title
Briantic.1888
Explorer

Love sony TV s, but having problems with my current TV, it's not the same model as your one, but for the second time in a year it has no picture or sound, you tube and other apps are working but no TV as such, I tried to resolve it myself, but ended up having to call Sony helpline, its not updating the software, so they are posting me a usb to plug it into the set and set it up myself, so I'm going to be without a main television for 2 weeks, does anyone know if I'm going to have to do this for every update, plus the fact im over in Belfast, so everything takes longer to arrive especially with the corona virus. 

profile.country.GB.title
Briantic.1888
Explorer

You could have put a few hundred quid to it and bought a new one, I'm having trouble with the last two updates on my Sony TV, which I never had before, so I would consider buying a Panasonic tv for my next new set.