Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XE9005 record tv channels PVR

profile.country.GR.title
Yorgos_Y
Explorer

KD-55XE9005 record tv channels PVR

Hi all,

I have succesfully contected a hd drive 320gb on my tv and the recording function works great.

Although I need to record every channel stream I am watching real time.. With deafult use i can record one channel of course but when I am changing channel the recording stays on the previous one..

Is there any way so I can continiusly record the tv? 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Yorgos,

You should be able to find more information about the recording functions on your TV by searching the help guide here.

Cheers,
EdwinaU

profile.country.GR.title
Yorgos_Y
Explorer

It's not what I am ask for. It looks like there is a limiti on recording capabilities on the Sony.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I don't really understand what you are looking for... The TV is able to record one stream at time, so if you want to record another channel you have to stop the actual recording and restart it on the new channel. Why you'd expect the TV to stop automatically the recording when you switch channel? It is something that 99% of user do not really expect or want (they expect the TV to continue the recording on the previous channel while watching something else)

profile.country.GR.title
Yorgos_Y
Explorer

For example I would like to have the option to ->

1. I turn on the tv,

2. recording starts automatically and follows my movements..channel changing etc.

If I stay to a specific channel recording continues.. If I change recording follows..

of course if I want to record a specific program, this is something that I already can do..

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You cannot do anything like that on any tv. There were some PVR that were able to preallocate recording for live tv pause and rewind (i.e. panasonic if I remember well) but even those as soon as you changed channel erased the old buffer.