Join now - be part of our community!

Kodi playback stops after 10 minutes on android oreo

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Webb02

Kodi playback stops after 10 minutes on android oreo

Very strange issue .I have been running android 7 on my TV and no problem with Kodi .I did a update to android Oreo 8 and straight after the update Kodi playback plays for 10 mins then picture freeze's 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Webb02

Well fingers crossed this is sorted I all I can say is if what I had to do did sort out the problem there is a serious flaw with Oreo 8..what I did was log into my sky router and I had to disable ipv6 Lan I've watch a few hours in Kodi and no freezing as yet ..this also fixed not losing network connection and smooth navigation around the screen..a major flaw on Sony's part and I shall be sending my findings to Sony complaints

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Kodi Leia  works fine and better on android oreo. Be sure your are on the latest version of both and if it continues have a look to the kodi forum if anyone is experiencing the same

profile.country.GB.title
jpjg85

Are you using a VPN of any sort? Have your ISP started blocking video streaming IP addresses? If may be worth installing new add-ons to try new servers. 

profile.country.GB.title
Webb02

No vpn and my ISP is with sky .but here is my situation  I have two sony TVs..one in front room still running on android 7 with no issues at all with kodi..my bedroom was running android 7 with no issues at all with kodi ..I updated my bedroom tv to android 8 now I'm getting this issue with kodi .yet my front room tv still has not issue with kodi running on android 7 but here's  the kicker my work colleague  also updated to oreo and now has the same issue. My father just bought a xg819 that comes with oreo and he has the same issue I just can't understand what causing the problem and I only use 1 addon .that I pay for ..not 1 issue with the addon running on front room tv 

profile.country.GB.title
Webb02

Running 18.5 Leia..worked perfect on both my bravia TVs till I updated one of them to oreo 

profile.country.GB.title
Jascut
Explorer

If you have a kodi build, in the wizard maintenance section set to clear chache, programs and thumbnails to clear on start-up. That might help.

profile.country.GB.title
Webb02

Well fingers crossed this is sorted I all I can say is if what I had to do did sort out the problem there is a serious flaw with Oreo 8..what I did was log into my sky router and I had to disable ipv6 Lan I've watch a few hours in Kodi and no freezing as yet ..this also fixed not losing network connection and smooth navigation around the screen..a major flaw on Sony's part and I shall be sending my findings to Sony complaints

m4tday
Explorer

I just registered to say a big thanks to Webb02! I too have 2 Sony TV's both just upgraded to the latest firmware Android v8 and i also experienced the same problems as yourself. I often watch videos stored on my NAS and no matter what player i used, the built in Video app or Kodi or VLC, it would randomly just stop playing and dump me back on the menu. It was pretty obvious to me that the firmware update caused the problem as they'd both been working fine for over 2 years!

One thing i did notice after updating both tv's is that often a message would pop up 'You're no longer connected to the internet' and then 30 seconds or so later it would come back 'You're now connected to the internet', so pretty obvious it was this break in the connection that was causing the video playback issues! No other problems with anything else using the same router, switches, cables etc so definately the TV firmware at fault!

I too have a Sky router and by disabling IPv6 this has cured the playback problems for me too! So thank you very much for sharing your findings and your solution! Just a shame Sony don't check these things! Apart from that the latest firmware has made a massive difference to channel selection and menu speed so i'm now a very happy man! 🙂

profile.country.GB.title
Webb02

Your welcome ...I'm hearing story's that it's just with sky routers ..compabilty issue .how true it is I don't no.. anyways mine has been running fine after ipv6 disabled