Join now - be part of our community!

No home screen

profile.country.GB.title
laineyw

No home screen

Hi,

I have a KDL-43W807C TV and have never had any problems with it until now.I am unable to access the home screen on it..I can access iplayers via my you view and I can also access other menus,i.e.action menu,you view.It was coming on earlier today but then my tv powered itself off and then on.I have been unable to access the home menu ever since.I have 'install updates automatically' on.I can also cast you tube from my tablet.Can anyone help please as I don't like the idea of going back to factory settings.

Thankyou in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi laineyw, 

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Have you recently updated the TV software?

Thanks,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
laineyw

Hi Sean MC,

Thankyou for your reply.I have automatic update on on TV so that could have been the case.The TV also turned off and then on again by itself yesterday,this usually happens when new software is installed.I notified Sony support and provided some info regards this and they have advised me to reset back to factory settings.I am reluctant to do so but if this will provide a solution to my problem I suppose it will have to be done.

Laineyw

profile.country.GB.title
laineyw

Hi,

I recently had a problem with my Sony Bravia tv which is only 2 years old(exactly on 2nd anniversary!)and initially panicked🙈I then started a lengthy process of you tubing and googling,as you do.J also joined Sony community and the information I found was very helpful but ultimately looked like a factory reset was the answer.As I’ve said I was reluctant to do this as I thought I’d lose all information and I would have to set up apps,etc.I couldn’t understand this as I only use tv for streaming tv,you tube and don’t use a lot of the memory as I’m not very technical!I eventually phoned Sony and I wish I would have done so sooner.The adviser guided me through the reset process and it was fixed in minutes👍All I was left to do was sign in again to i players and a few apps which was not as time consuming as the research I had done online before hand!Im posting this in the hope that others will phone Sony as it’s not worth the hassle of looking on internet and bombarding yourself with all sorts of information.I hope this helps,

Laineyw

profile.country.GB.title
maquach
Explorer

Hi both,

It seems that I have the same problem but even after factory reseting, my home menu is not working (either remote or control on the back of the TV)- but it works with a phone control. Not sure if it is a soft or hardware issue.

Cheers,

HQ

profile.country.GB.title
laineyw

Have you tried pressing the home  button on your remote and at the same time placing phone pressing camera button pointing towards the front of remote to see if there is a red light?If there is (and Im presuming there will be or all buttons on it would be non operational)then it is a problem with TV.I would again suggest contacting Sony and they may be able to help using a process of elimination.I hope you get this sorted as I was unaware how much I actually used this function until I couldn't.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android