Join now - be part of our community!

No Picture on Sony Bravia KD49XG9005

profile.country.GB.title
Dtsman
New

No Picture on Sony Bravia KD49XG9005

I purchased my Sony Bravia KD49XG9005 in June 2020 only 3 months old , it switches on by the remote but after that nothing. I have checked my sat connections and all is correctly set up. So what is wrong anyone else had this issue? Thank you for reading. Mark

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Peter_SUK
Administrator

Hi Mark,

Is there a red light flashing on the TV?

If so, there's probably a technical defect.

Try to unplug the TV from mains for some minutes and see if it helps.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
Dtsman
New

Thanks Pete

Your suggestion i already tried from your online help topics, below is an update on issue

Took an engineer 5 days to come and take 5 minutes that i needed a replacment televsion due to the LED Panel not working. Still no Televsion good job the sun came out this August Bank Holiday

My question is who else as this happened to and do i accpect the replacment model or refuse and demand to have a 2020 version of the 95005?

Thank you for reading and looking forward to your reply

Mark Anderson

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Dtsman 

Are you saying you bought a TV that was 3 months old (i.e. second-hand?) or that a TV you bought brand new is faulty after three months?

Assuming the latter, your statutory right for a refund ended after 30 days, but you can still ask for that, arguing that a TV that only lasts three months is not fit for purpose, and you want to buy something else.

Or if the store insists that you must accept a replacement, as a repair is out of the question, there is nothing to say it has to be an exact replacement, and the argument above about the TV only lasting three months still applies, so you have a reasonable argument against accepting an identical replacement.

It would probably strengthen that argument if you said you wanted to move away from Sony altogether, but I guess you don’t want to do that, so say magnanimously that you will accept another Sony, but not that model, please. Which they might anyway have trouble sourcing another new example of now the 2020 set is out.

Of course, if you bought it from a Sony Centre, neither you nor they have much wiggle room 😛

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…