Join now - be part of our community!

Nowtv on Sony Bravia

profile.country.GB.title
Banterb
New

Nowtv on Sony Bravia

Hi, can just read an article that says the NowTV is comming to a lot of Sony TV's does anyone know if this is correct.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

In Italy is already arrived, all SONY android tv model since 2016 supporting at least Oreo

Annotation 2020-07-22 160310.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

Still shows as not compatible on uk play store. Though the Italy view does hopefully  clarify it will be a regular play store app.  An Irish website said it would be automatically installed so wondered if it would be restricted to sony select 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It is restricted to Sony bravia, not available to other android tv

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

Do you know if it supports Boost subscription i.e. HD 1080p and 5.1 sound? 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I don't have a subscription but from the italian forum it seems that it does support 1080p but not 5.1 as of now. If you understand a little of italian (maybe supported by google translate) you may find or ask for more.
profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

Thanks I read through the thread using translate. Doesnt sound like Italy has the Boost subscription concept so not clear if it will support it.  I think I've read  the nowtv app on LG and Apple TV doesn't support Boost but if the app is coming to UK Sony sets I think they'd have to support Boost

The app version number is the same as on the UK play store so did try sideloading it but it doesn't work - so will have to stick with the roku for now tv for a while longer.  Ive asked on the nowtv forums but no reply from nowtv