Join now - be part of our community!

OSD Volume gone missing

profile.country.GR.title
kok888
Explorer

OSD Volume gone missing

My SONY android TV (KD-55A87) with the latest firmware: PKG.6130.0717EUA is connected via eARC HDMI cable to SONY HT-ST5000 (also updated to current firmware) successfully for more than 3years but suddenly just few days ago the audio level disappeared from the TV and it is only visible via the Soundbar and the same time the Audio Output (Setting//Display & Sound//Audio Output)  is no longer synchronized with the option “Home Theater Control” and whenever I try to synchronize them I get a troubleshooting message alongside with the types of Soundbars that this feature, “Home Theaterr Control”, is available and of course my Soundbar is eligible!

I have tried this several days almost everything:

A. Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable:

"Sometimes, a bad connection may occur and cause this problem. The next steps will depend on your TV model type:

Android TV™ and Google TV™ models

Clear data and cache from the ExternalInputServices app and re-establish the HDMI connection:

1. Turn off all devices.
  2. Disconnect the devices connected with HDMI cable from the TV.
  3. Open the Settings screen.   
  4. The next steps will depend on your TV model type:
    • Select Apps → See all apps → Show System apps → ExternalinputServices → Clear data and Clear cache → OK.
  5. Restart the TV
  6. Disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI terminal of each connected device.
  7. Reconnect the HDMI cable securely to the HDMI terminal of each device.
    Note: Make sure to insert one end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI output terminal of the source device and the other end into the HDMI input terminal of your TV.
  8. While TV is ON and the device is ON, go to the HDMI input where the device is connected and test if TV is displaying a picture and if the sound is heard. If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

B.How to troubleshoot when audio is output from both the TV and soundbar/home theater system

C. The BRAVIA Sync or Control for HDMI feature does not work  

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
SatoruGojo
Community Team

@kok888 Did you try to factory reset the TV?