Join now - be part of our community!

problem with my tv sony kdl-55w755c

profile.country.AE.title
yaser4lov
Explorer

problem with my tv sony kdl-55w755c

111.jpgmy TV  sony kdl-55w755c stops working. when it is turned on, giving the Sony logo on the screen, freezing and the LED does not light up.I tried to unplug it for more than an hour by pulling the power cable and then pressing the volume down button with the power button for more than thirty seconds to work with Restart but to no avail.I also tried to download the recovery program from the site here and put it on usb flash drive and put it in the TV socket and followed the instructions but nothing has changed remains device gives Sony logo and freezes is there another way to try it?

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @yaser4lov  and welcome to the UK Community :slight_smile:

If you've already tried a reset with no luck

then its time to contact Sony Support.

Contact details here

Let us know what they say.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Hummmmmmy

I have exactly the same problem with my KD-49X8305C, it was working perfectly fine in the morning. However on returning from work in the evening and switching the television on to watch Netflix I was presented with the same issue. The Sony logo appears followed by a blank (but backlit) screen. The remote control has no affect on the television, I tried to hard reset the television using the controls on the back of the screen, I even downloaded the latest firmware onto a USB stick to see if that might kick-start the television back to normal however this doesn't appear to work either. I've contacted Sony Support UK for help and am awaiting their advice, any help in the interim would be greatly appreciated.
profile.country.AE.title
yaser4lov
Explorer

I spoke with Sony support about this problem and tried all the methods that you mentioned and as a result the Sony support answer was that (if your device is out of warranty period go to the nearest repair center)  did not benefit from their advice

profile.country.GB.title
jgn88n

Mainboard has fried since a firmware issue. Sony won’t accept fault...

profile.country.AE.title
yaser4lov
Explorer

What do you think they are doing? Did you know that I suffered from this problem a week ago and so far I have not found any site on the net to buy main board to my tv. 

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi yaser4lov, 

As far as I understand, Sony doesn't provide Motherboards separately. I'd suggest that you consult their engineers using this link: https://locator.sony/en_GB/servicecenters/?zoom=5&latitude=54.29088&longitude=-2.37305

Regards,

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
Hummmmmmy

I contacted my local authorised Sony Repair Centre who confirmed that the Main Board was faulty. Unfortunately they were unable to replace it as no replacement parts were available. 

I asked for an engineers report and returned to the retailer I purchased the television from and lucked out as the Store Manager used his discretion to offer me a replacement television set. 

Amazing customer service!