Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with Sony Bravia KD-43XE8396 not connecting to Internet after software update

SOLVED
profile.country.IE.title
doyler23
Explorer

Problem with Sony Bravia KD-43XE8396 not connecting to Internet after software update

My Sony Bravia KD-43XE8396 after a recent software update 2 days ago will  no longer connect to the internet. The T.V is connecting to the Network with no problems and connects to the internet for a second and then says - no internet.  I checked my internet router with a Cat 6 cable and with a direct connection it connects to the internet with no problems.  I have looked through all the threads on the sony website and  returned  the TV to a factory reset but still no joy.

Two other questions

(1) for date and time -  which is the correct option ( i have picked automatic date and time)

(2) my keyboard on the T.V or internet explorer is coming up with 5  different options for e when you pick it and the same for i

Any help to solve these issues would be great.

Thanks Doyler23

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IE.title
doyler23
Explorer

Thanks, that solved the problem back on Wi-Fi again,  by turning off the IP6 setting in the router as you said.

I am also  having a problem with  the virtual  keyboard on the internet explorer browser it is coming up with 5  different options for the letter e  (e.g  the different versions for  e used in  french - and no option for the letter e)  when you pick it and the same for the letter i  ( and no option for the letter i).

What is the correct option for the keyboard settings - mine is currently set as - Gboard is this the correct setting?

(I cannot log in to amazon account to  get into   my amazon prime account)

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Have you try a simply Router's reboot? Or, in the Router's Settings, put an Static IP for the TV.

profile.country.GB.title
Webb02

I read select network date and time helps

profile.country.IE.title
doyler23
Explorer

I have tried rebooting the router to no avail.  How do you put a static I.D in the routers settings for the t.v?

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

In Router's Setting, digit 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 in a Browser's address bar, go to Address IPv4 section and choice a free IP for TV's, like 192.168.0.8 or 192.168.1.8... (follow the Router's IP...).

profile.country.IE.title
doyler23
Explorer

i tried that and rebooted router and T.V after, still no joy.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Try also phsically unplug and plug again the Ethernet cable...

profile.country.GB.title
Webb02

If still no joy read the link I found in one of my post I'm not saying it will work for you but darn it fixed it for me .and I'm trying this fix on my father's TV tonight as he to is having the same issue 

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius
profile.country.IE.title
doyler23
Explorer

i was talking to one of sony guys on helpchat this afternoon and he suggested turning off the 5 M hz frequency on the router and only have the 2.5 M hz as the only option, needless to say that didn't work either and the broadband speed has dropped alot aswell. I will try disabling the IPV6 setting as suggested to see will it fix the Wi-Fi connection problem, at the moment it is only  connecting for a second or two and then message - no internet.I will also try genuis's suggestion if your option fails. Thanks for the help.