Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with subtitles on Netflix

profile.country.IE.title
MusicGuitarClassic
Explorer

Problem with subtitles on Netflix

Owning a KDL32WD755, Netflix runs smoothly and everything but it does not give me the option the use Greek subtitles. I have heard it is a matter of coding or something and I am wondering if there is going to be any support on that. My Netflix preferences are adjusted to show Greek subs, thing that works fine on tablet and desktop. English, Turkish, etc subtiles are normally shown and can be selected. Thank you in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I will look into this and get back to you.

Welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
Spart_KDL42W650A
New

Hi Guys,

The same problem i also face with my KDL-42W650A sonny TV. I contact Netflix and they informed me that i should contact Sonny since the Greek subt are being showed in other devices but not in my TV. I also contact the Sonny Hellas but they have been so rude and they told me to contact Netflix. I'm considering to change my Sonny TV due to this problems i have with the Greek subtittles.

profile.country.IE.title
MusicGuitarClassic
Explorer

I found no solution either but I also didn't want to replace my TV. Thus, I
bought a Sony Bluray Player that supports Netflix as well as other programs
and problem solved. I would recommend the BDPS1700B one. Enjoy.
profile.country.GB.title
Spart_KDL42W650A
New

Thank you Music GuitarClassic,

I have also a Sony Bluray Player which has the same problem since maybe he is old model like my TV. Anyway i will find a way in any case i don't want to change my TV for that.

Thanks a lot for your assistance. 

profile.country.GR.title
toumpeki
Explorer

Is there a chance that our tv gonna get an update for netflix app so that it can display Greek subs? I contacted Netfix and they told me that only newer versions of Netflix apps shows Greek and many other subs. Give us an update!!

profile.country.GB.title
onahshon
Explorer

I have the same problem with Hebrew subtitles.

In all other Netflix apps (iphone, web, XBOX etc.) I can see hebrew subtitles

In my Sony Bravia Netflix app, I can only see English and Polish. Can this be fixed please?

Mehmetcy
New

Hello guys. 

i struggled with that problem too, and successfully solved, and now i can watch with turkish subtitles. 

keep in mind that my tv is KD49XG8196BAEP

i removed Netflix application, and installed again, and everything is ok now. 

regards. 

Tags (1)