Join now - be part of our community!

Should I upgrade HDMI leads as well..?

Wdp1234
Explorer

Should I upgrade HDMI leads as well..?

Hello,

I'm wanting some advice please. I currently have the Sony HT-XT100 soundbase & the Sony KDL-43W756C TV along with the PS4 and Sky+ box all connected via no better than HDMI 1.3 leads.

The biggest Issue I've had to date was that when I had my sky box on and turned my tv on which in turn started up the soundbase. 

Randomly the sound would either fail almosty instantly to come though the soundbase and revert to TV speakers or would come though both giving me an echo affect. Which I had to hard reboot to the tv/soundbase to fix.

However I then fixed the problem full time by turning the sky+ box's HDMI control off, however it came at the cost of not being able to press one button (sky button) to turn on sky+,tv & soundbase.

The other issues I have is lip sync issues which vary from hardly noticable to very noticable. Also the TV is always on 10 seconds or more before the soundbase turns on.

I know the up coming update claims to fix alot of these issues. But is it worth upgrading my HDMI leads to 1.4 (or higher) as well?

Thank you 

0 REPLIES 0