Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

Since the lastest firmware I keep getting a pop up on screen with 3D movies in the bottom left hand side. 

"Screen Format: Full" this is of course say it is using full pixel but it should not keep showing!

I cannot seem to find a way to disable this notification. It makes 3D useless as it keeps popping up! I even tried a factory reset to no avail.

265 REPLIES 265
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Yup, still frigid broken with latest update.

@Anonymous any news from Sony for ETA?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Risc0nsadly i have no further info.  Even the Americans are getting rather upset, and they've had this problem for far less time.

Sorry 😞

banus01
Explorer

sorry got this reply two days ago but couldnt get on the site to post - i got this from the sony support team

"

Thank you for contacting Sony support.

We are sorry to learn that you are experiencing an issue with your TV.

Please be informed that the new update is designed for general maintenance for the TV .

Also, please be informed that I already taken the exchange request into consideration.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you for your enquiry."

so the recent update was NOT intended to fix this problem 

still waiting for their response as to WHEN they will fix this - i am going into joh lewis tomorrow to take further and seek replacement

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. The update was not to address this, and it was never stated as such.

People over in the US have been confirming that this recent postbhas worked for them:

http://community.sony.com/t5/4K-Ultra-HD-TV/WIDE-MODE-FULL-keeps-randomly-popping-up/m-p/540507#M627...

Take note of turning ON. Auto wide from OFF

_20151211_201027.JPG

frankie1g

Ta will do this to night and report back  Sent from my Samsung device
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Quinnicus wrote:

@Risc0nsadly i have no further info.  Even the Americans are getting rather upset, and they've had this problem for far less time.

Sorry 😞

Hopefully the lawsuit happy Americans will take a class action against Sony. Also I had tried the other fix you mentioned from the American forums, but it does not work. I beleive the fix may be for Sony to enable auto wide by default for 3D because as mentioned the 3D settings are locked out.

profile.country.GB.title
scchandler
Explorer

As mentioned earlier, the update that was published today (I installed it as soon as it arrived) did NOT fix the fault.  When I then called Sony (as I do daily on this issue) to say that I am returning the TV for a refund, they for the first time put a date on the resolution (having up until now been totally non-committal).  They said today that the update which will be released on 24th December will fix this issue and "several other issues".  Perhaps the lack of HDD recording as well.

I have begrudgingly given Sony leeway until 24th December (they are not to be trusted on software issues) and if the update doesn't fix it then, they will refund the TV.

profile.country.GB.title
scchandler
Explorer

Many thanks for very helpfully posting this, it's great that it worked for you, but I'm sorry to report I have been to hell and back with Sony on this issue and no success.  In my case I have a 55X8505C, and I think it's this exact model that has the issue.  Your instructions are very helpful, I tried to follow them but I fall at the first hurdle as Auto Picture Mode is set to OFF and is greyed out - you can't change it.  This may well be the problem, but nothing you do can change it  I have done a factory reset and initial setup many times, all under the guidance of Sony engineers.  None of it has worked an they say it's a known problem that they are trying to fix.  It may be this exact model ony that has the issue, I don't know.

cotaylo93
Explorer

scchandler wrote:

As mentioned earlier, the update that was published today (I installed it as soon as it arrived) did NOT fix the fault.  When I then called Sony (as I do daily on this issue) to say that I am returning the TV for a refund, they for the first time put a date on the resolution (having up until now been totally non-committal).  They said today that the update which will be released on 24th December will fix this issue and "several other issues".  Perhaps the lack of HDD recording as well.

I have begrudgingly given Sony leeway until 24th December (they are not to be trusted on software issues) and if the update doesn't fix it then, they will refund the TV.

I think they are fobbing you off. I don't think the 24th December update is happening now, because the fix for HDD recording has been put back to sometime before 31st March 2016 in the UK (29th February 2016 for Ireland).

http://www.sony.ie/support/en/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/android-tv-features-uk

The link above also says what is fixed in the latest update.

davewaite

No its not just your model of tv but mine too..I have the KDL65W855C and I have the same issue. I am beside myself with anger at Sony!..my tv is due back from the repair center next Thursday and they replaced the PCB but of course this won't solve the problem. I phoned Sony the other day and unlike me I lost my temper and said that I've had enough of this S--T and would not be buying Sony again. It looks like we are now stuck with this problem now over Christmas and the new year too unless this update of December 24th fixes it..I am finding it very hard to have to wait until Thursday for my tv..They will have had it for 2 weeks by then in their workshop..they even told me to pick it up myself if I wasn't happy to wait..I can't carry it because I'm disabled to a degree..and what if I drop it..what a terrible way to treat their customers..both Sony and the repair center stink..enough is enough!...