Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Android TV KD-55X7500H ARC issue with Sony Home theatre DAV-DZ640K

profile.country.GB.title
Thirumurugan
New

Sony Android TV KD-55X7500H ARC issue with Sony Home theatre DAV-DZ640K

I bought Sony Android TV KD-55X7500H recently and it has issue with my  Sony Home theatre DAV-DZ640K model.

Am getting sound intermediately, not sure what is the issue.

But this home system was worked perfectly with my old Sony TV KDL-46EX520.

Sony technician has also updated the software in TV, still issue exists.

Any pointers would help ? 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Thirumurugan 

ARC or eARC? We have seen a case recently where, possibly, a Sony device with only ARC wasn’t playing nice with a Sony device with eARC, and instead of settling on just ARC, kept trying to negotiate eARC, with the result that the sound was going on and off.

if you have this situation, try setting ARC on the eARC unit, instead of letting the two devices negotiate, and see what this does.

And please let us know the result, as we never heard back about the previous occurrence, whether that was the problem, or whether the traditional ‘swap the HDMI cable’ was all that was needed.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Thirumurugan
New

Hi Royabrown2,

Thanks for your reply.

Woofer system has only ARC, but TV has both.  We are trying only ARC.  Please let me know how to ensure TV is trying to connect through only ARC. As you said, some time the sound is on and off, not consistent.  Most of time no sound.

Thanks,

Thiru

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Thirumurugan 

Here’s Sony’s advice on this:-

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00020051

Basically, they are saying there is no way to set an eARC TV to ARC, so if you have problems with this, you need to use some other connection method completely.

And it’s not that the TV is failing to auto-negotiate ARC, it’s that it won’t even try.

And it might be that with an ARC TV and an eARC Audio device, the audio device might have a setting to drop to ARC, and you can set that.

But with an eARC TV and an ARC audio device, you just can’t use an HDMI link.

This is not only absurd, it drives a coach and horses through how eARC ought to operate, with any eARC device dropping to ARC if the other end can’t do ARC.

Please, somebody tell me I am misreading this document, or that whoever wrote it was full of *****, rather than that Sony has dropped yet another ball with these miscegenated Android TVs 😢

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…