Join now - be part of our community!

Sony upscaling

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Brnstr69
Explorer

Sony upscaling

Is there anyone with Sony 4k hdr TV with a virgin v6 box? Wondering what the v6 video setting is so that the TV is upscaling and not the v6 box. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Does the virgin V6 box have native 2160p setting for UHD content on the box? If the box is doing UHD content then it might be best to leave it at 2160p. Otherwise you would have to keep switching the V6 box dependent on content which is not ideal.

With my Youview box its easier as there is no 2160p so its easier. to leave it 1080p and just let the TV upscale.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

I don't have a Virgin box, but the rule of thumb is generally set the device to its "native" resolution so for example, if you are receiving TV at 1080p but the box could upscale to 2160p, leave the box at 1080p and let the TV do the work. 

I have found the Sony TVs (both XE and XG) to have pretty much superb upscaling. The other option is to try both options ans see which you prefer?

profile.country.GB.title
Brnstr69
Explorer

So the only setting I need ticked on the v6 box is 1080p and the TV will do the upscaling and anything in 4k will detected by the TV or I will need 2106 ticked also is that correct? 

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Does the virgin V6 box have native 2160p setting for UHD content on the box? If the box is doing UHD content then it might be best to leave it at 2160p. Otherwise you would have to keep switching the V6 box dependent on content which is not ideal.

With my Youview box its easier as there is no 2160p so its easier. to leave it 1080p and just let the TV upscale.