Join now - be part of our community!

Sound suddenly stopped AG9 / STR-DN1060

profile.country.GB.title
lgcebr

Sound suddenly stopped AG9 / STR-DN1060

I’d welcome any suggestions for a problem that suddenly occurred.  I run the ARC from my AG9 to the Sony STR-DN1060.  This means that Sky, Blu-ray player and the TV’s own Amazon Prime / Netflix apps play through the home theatre speakers.  This works well and gives 5.1 when available.  (The TV settings confirm it’s playing through the AVR.  Everything worked fine until today when suddenly Sky plays fine but the TV’s own apps, Blu-Ray and Game/PS4 will only play through the TV speakers and nothing comes through the AVR at all for those sources.

Nothing has changed - no updates, changes to connections.  
I guess something could have failed in the AVR but I am at a loss how to troubleshoot.  Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

Soft reset the TV by holding down the On/Standby button on the remote for just over 5 seconds until it soft reboots. See if that fixes it,

If not, next power cycle the amp, or otherwise reboot/reset it by whatever means are described in its manual. See if that fixes it.

If not, Factory Reset the TV. See if that fixes it.

If not, swap the HDMI ports on the TV used by the working Sky box and the not working BluRay Player. Does what works move with the Sky box, or does it stay with the input HDMI port?

Using the same ports, swap the HDMI cables between the two devices. Does what works move with the cable or does it stay with the device?

If after all that you still have the issue, and what is OK moves with the Sky box and not with the cable, we are going to have to look at audio formats.

Report back, and we will go from there.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
lgcebr

Thanks for your reply.  Inexplicably - without doing anything - everything is back working this lunchtime.  Good news - but one of life’s mysteries.

Thanks again.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@lgcebr 

I sent a ripple through the Force..... 618D2F67-CB7B-4EEA-BE2B-F12FC073F315.png

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…