Join now - be part of our community!

Soundbar/ARC issues

profile.country.GB.title
Mphood1
Explorer

Soundbar/ARC issues

Hoping someone can offer any advice with an issue with a soundbar connecting to my TV.

When I connect my blu-ray to soundbar and then soundbar to tv (Via HDMI ARC) it works perfectly. Picture plays through tv and sound through the soundbar.

However, when I watch tv I have sky connected to the the tv and then the tv connected to the soundbar (again via ARC) and no sound comes out of the soundbar. 

TV - Sony KD-49XG9005 

Blu Ray - Sony Ubp-x700 

Soundbar - Yamaha Yas-109

Tags (3)
14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
Mphood1
Explorer

The hdmicec should be enabled by default on the soundbar, but I can double check this. However, that wouldn't explain why no sound is being sent to it?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Arc won't work without cec.
profile.country.GB.title
Mphood1
Explorer

Turns out the hdmicec that is auto-enabled on the soundbar had been turned off. Nothing about it in the UK manual, had to find out how to enable it on a USA manual (soundbar needs to be powered OFF and then HDMI button held down on the remote).

Thanks for your help!

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

So I assume now is working also arc? Good!

profile.country.GB.title
Mphood1
Explorer

Correct, sound is coming through the soundbar when watching netflix through the TV and TV remote in controlling the soundbar.

Still to hook sky back up to the tv but will keep the hdmi cecless cable in mind if Sky plays up.