Join now - be part of our community!

XBR-55X905E Poor Wi-Fi Performance only with Tp-Link Archer C9

fabiokl
New

XBR-55X905E Poor Wi-Fi Performance only with Tp-Link Archer C9

Hello.
Since November, I've been using my XBR-55X905E connected to NET (local carrier) standard Wi-Fi equipment, a TG1692 modem / router, which sits just below the TV, in the same rack, in the living room. With this equipment, the TV has always reached the maximum levels of performance in WiFi.
Yesterday, I acquired a TP-Link Archer C9 router in order to deliver quality signal throughout my apartment. This router is also in the rack, next to the TV and the NET modem.
Strangely, when I connect the TV on this, I get only a connectivity of only 10Mbps. On all other devices, Notebooks, Cell Phones and Tablets, even those that stay away from the equipment, this limitation does not occur and everything works normal.
I registered a call with the manufacturer of the router, TP-Link, which returned stating that due to the fact that the router delivers quality wi-fi to all devices except one, which is the TV, nothing could be done to help . They directed me to get in touch with TV support. porém, sem capacidade para rodar conteúdo 4k.

I ask for support to solve this issue, because I need the TV connected in the same equipment (the Archer C9 router) because it used Media Streaming. I currently need to switch between NET ARris to watch NETFLIX in 4K, because I get the 120Mbps I have contracted, and TP-Link (limited to 10Mbps) for streaming,

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi fabiokl, and welcome to the community,

It's best to contact Sony Support about this here.

Thanks,

Pascale_F