Join now - be part of our community!

Xbr65x810c Blue Blob (MUST READ IF YOU OWN)

bosemad
New

Xbr65x810c Blue Blob (MUST READ IF YOU OWN)

I have a 65 xbr bravia that had developed a blue spot (rather large) over night.  Contacted sony and of course it is out of warranty so no help.  The TV is less than 4 years old.  I did a quick search and mulitple are having the SAME issue.  Same model, same problem, same location.  Contacted sony again...they disagreed that people complained.  I sent the link to prove it (from the sony community website)...they stated..."although some people are having similar issues its not enough to determine the equipment is defective".   

Kind of coincidental that people who have purchased this exact same tv are having the same problem this short time into ownership.  

File a better busines complaint and guess what sony calls me...they offer as a "final solution" to pay out of pocket to have the television examined by a sony repair site and they will determine what the problem is and sony will determine if they will offer compensation at that point.  They advised me that some electronics are prone to premature failure and thats why they offer a 1 year manufacture warranty.  I insisted that it is possible that a component they used or annupdate to the firmware could have caused it to failure prematurely.  No one expects to pay $1800 for a tv to last 4 years.   Thats nonsense.   They said be cause the complaints thay others had were posted in the COMMUNITY section and not the support section that the engineers are not aware of any issues therefore will not honor any repairs or compensation.  

So if you own this TV and are having a similar issue do these steps

1. Post a complaint in the "support" section of sonys website not the community section.

2. Make a better business complaint. 

3. Take pictures of your issue. Make sure you have your receipt (i went to best buy and they reprinted mine) so sony can tell you that you are out of warranty.  

4. Forward this information to every forum possible to reach as many people as quickly as possible so that sony has no choice but to recognize the issue and be held accountable.  

I Have a $1800 4 year old tv with what looks like a smurfs butt smeared across it. 

1 REPLY 1
bosemad
New

I understand this is the UK site but the US site will not allow me to log in...known issue that is being "investigated" ..for days now.  

Screenshot_20191029-164053_Samsung Internet.jpg