Join now - be part of our community!

Xe93 cant figure out how to enable 10 bit on computer.

profile.country.GB.title
dominic101
New

Xe93 cant figure out how to enable 10 bit on computer.

so I just recently got a sonyKD55XE9305 and i am having a problem with it. when i connect it to my computer  i have no option for 10 bit under nvidia control panel.. I have gon to settings within the tv and switched it to enhanced mode and the screen goes black then there is a picture yet nvidia and windows reports it as only 8bit. tried many dif configurations in nvidia but i can not get 10 bit option at 4k 60hz and the native resouliton is now showing up in nvidia as 1080p yet the tv is at 3840x2160.  I can set HDR10 or HGL but in the actule computer it lists it as 8 bit. the only thing i can think of is that the cable i am using is not good enough for the  10bit siginal.. but if that were the case why am i still able to set it to ehhanced mode and get a picture and 4k @ 60hz. Im realy confused. i dunno whats happend or how to fix this but i would be really greatfull if anyone els knows what i need to  do to get this to display correctly.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @dominic101,

I might be wrong, but I think it  is an 8bit panel and therefore it only alows for 8bit as option when you connect your PC.

On its spec-sheet it says, that it can play back 10bit HEVC videos, yet that doesn't necessarily mean, that it also displays 10bit.

- Nic