Join now - be part of our community!

XF9005 Connection Problem to BTSmart Hub 2

profile.country.GB.title
beej71
New

XF9005 Connection Problem to BTSmart Hub 2

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can help. My KD49XF9005 just wont connect to my BT Smart Hub 2. Was fine for about 3 months but has now dropped. It’s says connected but no internet and I cannot access any of the apps like Prime Video or Disney from the home screen. Strangely though Netflix still works and Sky Q works as do all the other household devices.

Have tried resetting both the Hub and the TV but I can’t get it to connect. I would be very grateful if someone could help!

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@beej71 

Check the time and date the TV is showing, We seem to be seeing a lot of cases recently where this is adrift, which stops most apps from working, except Netflix, which doesn’t seem to care.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
beej71
New

Thank you!! Was exactly that. Thinking back we had a powercut and i hadn’t yet reset it!

Had tried everything, assigning static IP and all sorts. Didn’t think it would be that simple...

profile.country.GB.title
pb1965

You may find that you need to set the time and date to 'network' time instead of 'broadcast'. I've had the same problem with my XF9005 and BT Smart Hub for around a year since installing an Android update on the tv. Changing to network time has changed things for the better.