Join now - be part of our community!

DCR-SR58E camcorder - Data Recovery Services...

DCR-SR58E camcorder - Data Recovery Services...

The MK8034GAL HDD in my wife's little used DCR-SR58E camcorder has failed catastrophically.  

Unfortunately it contains the footage of our youngest grand-daughter's graduation ceremony which had not been downloaded/backed-up :smileysad:!!!  Naturally we would like to recover this footage if at all possible, but the quotations that we have received to date are beyond our means.

We would be interested to hear from anyone who has experience of less expensive data recovery services suitable for the Consumer Market.

Regards - Alan S.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
michael.anderson007
Explorer

You can try the data recovery DIY tools, which are much cheaper than the data recovery service. Do not think DIY software is difficult to operate. In fact, these data recovery tools usually have very friendly user interfaces. However, recovering lost videos or photos from the MK8034GAL HDD of the DCR-SR58E camcorder may be difficult since many data recovery tools may not recognize the HDD in the camcorder. However, I still recommend that you try SoftHow Photo Recovery software, which had helped me retrieve many lost videos and photos from my Sony digital camera. Remember: do not buy any data recovery tools easily, unless it has helped you find the missing files. Good luck!

Thanks for getting in touch.   I have replaced the hard drive and the
camera is working fine.  Unfortunately all my attempts to access the
original drive using an IDE-USB converter have met with failure on
Windows and Linux platforms so I suspect the drive is physically damaged.

Regards
LCTMichael
Explorer

Probably time to consider sending it to a professional data recovery company.

They will be able to do more with it than you would with data recovery software.

That software needs to be able "see" and then read the drive. if it cannot do either, then it would be of no use to you.