Join now - be part of our community!

Handycam dcr-dvd105

profile.country.GB.title
adyhawkins
New

Handycam dcr-dvd105

I found my family’s old handy cam (DCR DVD105) and I need help figuring out how to get videos to my computer. Do I need a special chord, adapter or program?? 

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @adyhawkins,

if you still have the RCA-cable, which came with the camcorder, I suggest you go with a so called "Video Capture Card". I personally recommend the one from Magix, since it comes with a basic video editing software. There are alternatives you can find on ebay or amazon, but there I can't give you a recommendation on which product works best.

Simply connect the camcorder to the USB-Dongle, play back the video on the camcorder and "record" the video signal it outputs via the RCA-leads.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
adyhawkins
New

My cameras manual says to use 8cm dvdr  discs but all my local store has it “16x” will that work? I’m a little confused looking online of what discs will work 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @adyhawkins,

I don't understand that question - I thought you still have footage recorded with the camera that you now want to offload to a PC.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
adyhawkins
New

Sorry! This is a separate question. I figured it out and got the videos downloading. But would like to continue to use the camera but am having trouble figuring out what type of disc to purchase. 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @adyhawkins,

kindly create a new post for the second question :slight_smile:

Also which option did you use/find to transfer the video files. Did you go via a video grabber or did you choose a different solution all together.

- Nic

profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi @adyhawkins,

@adyhawkins  schrieb:

My cameras manual says to use 8cm dvdr  discs but all my local store has it “16x” will that work? I’m a little confused looking online of what discs will work 

you are mixing size and speed 😉

Yes, your camera does except 8cm disks only, which is the diameter of the disk. The 16x value which you are referring to is the writing speed. 16x means that you can write to the disk at a speed 16 times faster than a "normal" DVD would be read from. So yes, your camera should be able to write to 16x disks, provided they're not wider than 8cm.

Cheers

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)