Join now - be part of our community!

Microphone 'Functions Unavailable' on CX 625 Handycam - is my camera broken?

profile.country.GB.title
Fishwish
New

Microphone 'Functions Unavailable' on CX 625 Handycam - is my camera broken?

Just bought this camera and done a sound check - got nothing back.  Tried an external mic - nothing back.  Gone to mic settings and switched between manual and auto (after cranking vol to max).  Still nothing back.  Gone to mic settings again to look at function options - can see them but it just says unavailable when I click on them.  Is my camera defective or have I missed a trick?  Either way, Amazon won't replace it as I got it as a 'warehouse deal'.  Just thought I'd ask here before asking for a refund.  

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Fishwish,

I would try to perform a factory reset first, since there is actually a setting which deactivated audio capture.

By resetting the camcorder you will also restore the factory default and there sound should be recorded.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Fishwish
New

Thanks for replying.  I’ve tried that and it didn’t work.  I bought the camera to use with an external mic but I don’t want to buy one until I know the hardware is working properly.  Do you know if a plug and power mic will work once connected to the Jack or does the camera only power external mics through the hotshoe?

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Fishwish,

the camera can power mics with the mic port as well.

If it doesn't work, send it back - amazon may not replace it, but you most certainly get your money back - even though if it was a marketplace purchase.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Mincer99
New

I have exactly the same problem.  The external mic doesn’t work.  Very irritating, as is the poor software that does with this phone.  Going to send it back to Amazon.