Join now - be part of our community!

DSC HX350 broken memory card slot

profile.country.GB.title
cagedbeast
Explorer

DSC HX350 broken memory card slot

Hi there. I'm just wondering if anyone can give me a bit of feedback on my problem.

I noticed there's a small chunk of plastic out of the corner of my card, the card will now only go so far down and just stop. I'm not sure if the spring mechanism has gone, or of there could be a small piece of plastic stopping it working? I can't see anything inside that's stopping it, but it's possible. I'll try and attach photos of both the slot, and the card if that helps, but due to my low post count, I'm not sure I can do that yet! 

What I'm really wondering is, whether this is a big repair or not. I'm pretty sure the camera is out of warranty now, so just need to know whether it's worth the spend. 

Many thanks, all comments welcome :slight_smile: image2.JPGimage1.JPG

Mark

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
DarranA

Hey there,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your memory card bay. I would suggest you contact us at Sony as we may be able to diagnose and arrange a repair. Even without a valid warranty we may be able to help.

Please start here: http://bit.ly/2Qk9KEj

Thanks,

Darran

profile.country.GB.title
cagedbeast
Explorer

Hi, just to update you. There is no Sony dealer in my immediate area that fixes cameras! I would also point out that, in the drop down menu on the link that you kindly provided,you can only select TV's or Headphones. There do not appear to be any Sony recemmended camera repair shops in central Scotland. 

I have contacted a shop in Edinburgh, who have quoted me £70 to repair/replace the slot, so I'm going to look into getting this done soon. Will report back when done, thanks!

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @cagedbeast,

keep us posted.

I am very interested in the speed and quality of the repair.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
cagedbeast
Explorer

Well, this is a slightly embarrassing post to make. 

I took the camera into the shop today. (Cameratiks, Edinburgh. Really nice people). The guy took the camera through the back, came back and said it's fine. 

Turned out that the slot was fine, it was my card (which looked ok to me) that had got damaged. So, all that's needed is a new card. 

Just not sure why I didn't think to try a different card first! 

As you were.....