Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-RX100M7 not listed in the warranty activation dropdown list

AWT1947
New

DSC-RX100M7 not listed in the warranty activation dropdown list

I can REGISTER the purchase of my RX100M7 because it is selectable on their registration page dropdown list but I cannot activate either the standard warranty or the three year extended warranty I purchased because THAT dropdown list only goes up to the RX100M5.  It offers a "Model not listed" option with a data box for the model number in free text, then the system rejects the whole painfully filled in page with a "Have you selected the correct model number?"  Well.... NO! - because it ain't there to select...  

So... is my £149 extended warranty valid yet?  I am guessing not... What about the "standard 1 year guarantee" - that neither?

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Can you try using the following link here and let me know how you get on?

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.GB.title
elaherd
New

Hi

I have already registered the product but can not activate the 1 yr extended service plan. Link just takes me to the registration page which has already been completed

Elaine
profile.country.GB.title
dodgydodgy
Explorer

I agree with elaherd - I have the same issue.

I've registered the camera without issue, but I cannot activate the warranty.

https://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/ServiceActivation/RegisterContact

You can enter another model name if you select 'Other, I will type my model name below', but that then gives you the error 'Please double-check your input. Did you enter a correct model name?'

profile.country.GB.title
dodgydodgy
Explorer

It's listed now

profile.country.GB.title
elaherd
New

Many thanks but it still not on the list on my computer.

Elaine
profile.country.GB.title
dodgydodgy
Explorer

This link? https://services.sony.co.uk/supportMVC/en/ServiceActivation

I can't look any more as I've registered and my code doesn't work twice.

It's listed as DSC-RX100M7

profile.country.GB.title
elaherd
New

Many thanks for your efforts but its not appearing on my list.  The last model listed is still M5.

Elaine
profile.country.GB.title
dodgydodgy
Explorer

If you keep looking down the list does it appear a bit lower? It seemed a little out of order to me, there were a few variations on the M5 before you eventually got to the M7 (bit it was in the same sort of area on the list).

Sorry I can't get into  it again to look otherwise I'd take a screenshot to show you where I found it.

It sent me an email with my service contract which correctly lists the "Sony product code: DSC-RX100M7", so it deifnately worked.

The only other thing I can think of is the pages are regional and it's not on all of them. I'm in the UK.

profile.country.GB.title
elaherd
New

Many thanks again but I have just rechecked the whole list and it is not appearing.  I will contact Sony Support again.