Join now - be part of our community!

E:91:01 flashing error.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
03ttoker
Visitor

E:91:01 flashing error.

I have a DSC-WX7 which i have had for a few months now, however all of a sudden I couldn't turn on the camera using the on/off button. It only turns on when I press the play button but even then, all i can do is view all of my pictures. I cannot take any pictures anymore. HELP :'(

Message was edited by: 03ttoker

Message was edited by: 03ttoker

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello 03ttoker - welcome to the Sony Forums.

When other users have experienced this problem, they have found the by resetting the camera to its factory defaults, the problem has been resolved.

For your particular model, this option can be found by going to the main menu -> Settings -> Initialise -> Factory Reset.

Hope this works,

Simon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello 03ttoker - welcome to the Sony Forums.

When other users have experienced this problem, they have found the by resetting the camera to its factory defaults, the problem has been resolved.

For your particular model, this option can be found by going to the main menu -> Settings -> Initialise -> Factory Reset.

Hope this works,

Simon

03ttoker
Visitor

Hi Simon,

Thanks alot for the help. I tried it but when it reset itself it still had the same flashing error and the same problems when it turned back on.

Do you have anymore advice?

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi 03ttoker,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

The E:91:01 error code can be due to a flash or battery problem..

Try turning the camera off & then remove the battery..

Leave the battery out of the camera for about 60 seconds..

Then replace the battery and turn on the camera..

If after following the above you still see the error code then all I can suggest is that you contact Sony to arrange a repair- Register for a repair

profile.country.ro_RO.title
olymedia
Visitor

HELLO ! I olso have a problem with my camera. I have a new model HDR CX 360ve and i have only use the flash for 10 times and it already broke! some problem E:91:01! Please tell me if it is broke or how can i remove the error. It drive me nuts :slight_smile: i cannot see the time remain on batery! I dont think it iss broke beacause The light is working very well when i film.. but i don't use it!!!! So please tell me what can i do?

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello olymedia - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

If you have only recently purchased the camera I would advise you to contact Sony customer services to discuss the best options available to you i.e. they can advise whether it needs to be repaired and also about warranty etc. The details are all here in this forum thread:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

Thanks,

Simon