Join now - be part of our community!

Lost my rx100

Runelling
New

Lost my rx100

I have lost my rx 100mk5 is it possible to track it down if the new user logs on or upload pictures or downloads new apps og firmware update. 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Runelling,

as far as I am concerned this is not possible.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
NonhumanHominid

Nein, es ist 'so weit ich weiß'. Wenn du sagst 'was mich betrifft' in Englisch, das bedeutet dass du sagen dass es möglich sein könnte, aber es ist Ihnen egal ob es das ist oder nicht. 

Verstehen…? Entschuldigung für meine Deutsch. Es ist so schlecht! 😔

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @NonhumanHominid,

to the best of my knowledge there is no tracking build into the cameras to find out when they have been connected to another computer.

Why? Because Sony (or hackers) could use this technology to track where a device is located - something which you as a customer would want for your own device to track it in case of a theft/loss, but definetly not if someone else gains access to it.

Therefore there is no way to track the camera and I am sure a thief would not register it to the Sony website.

You can still get in contact with the Sony support and ask them to call you if someone tries to register the camera, but the chances of finding the camera are very slim to say the least.

- Nic