Join now - be part of our community!

Lost photos on Sony Pro Duo Mark 2 memory stick

profile.country.GB.title
crazycatlady
Explorer

Lost photos on Sony Pro Duo Mark 2 memory stick

I have two older Sony Pro Duo Mark 2 memory sticks, with many holiday photos on. They have been stored away in a box for some time and the photos never downloaded. Now I have more time, I thought I would download the photos to print off for my grown up children. To my surprise they seem to have disappeared from the card. I contacted Sony, who said that the download rescue file didn't support the memory stick as they are too old. 

The model number is MSX M2GS and the identification number is I528L1L.

Can anybody help please?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @crazycatlady,

if you have a card-reader for the Memory Stick, you could try "TestDisk" by the German company CG-Security to recover any files from the card. I used it on many different cards from many different manufacturers and it always could recover at least 90% of the data: https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

On the website you will find all the information you need to operate the software as well as the free download link.

If you have already formatted the card it would still work, if you though have overwritten the files, they might not be recoverable at all.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
crazycatlady
Explorer

Hi Nic,

Thank you for that information. I will certainly have a look later and see what happens.Hopefully with positive results.

Thanks again!!

Crazy Cat Lady

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

You can also try the official Sony software:

Memory Card File Rescue Version 3.3

https://www.sony.net/Products/memorycard/en_eu/datarescue/index.html

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
crazycatlady
Explorer

Thank you Manolo, I did contact Sony, who said the memory stick was too old to support the rescue software. I will try all options given to me, so that I can retrieve the photos.

Crazy Cat Lady