Join now - be part of our community!

Make a video from a sequence of still shots

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
tmetford
Explorer

Make a video from a sequence of still shots

I set my Sony DSC rx100 m4 to take a time lapse sequence of still shots of a sunset at Ayers Rock, Australia.

It did this brilliantly and I have 219 high res 4:3 ratio stills of a gradually darkening Ayers Rock that I want to turn into a simple video but I don't know how.

There are many online programmes that want to do fancy transitions etc but all I want is a simple time-lapse video without any frills!

Is there a programme that Sony offer that can do this? - I'm new to this camera and the creative use of it - please excuse newbie status!

How would you do this and what software would you recommend?

Many thanks for your help

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @tmetford,

you can download the free Sony software "PlayMemories Home" and create a timelapse movie via the "tools" section: http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/disoft/int/download/playmemories-home/win/en/index.html

- Nic

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Hopefully a community member can help.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
Tenneen9000

Hi Tmetford,

I guess the closest app that matches your requirements is Stop Motion+ which is a part of Playmemories camera apps that your camera supports.

Cheers,

Tenneen9000

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @tmetford,

you can download the free Sony software "PlayMemories Home" and create a timelapse movie via the "tools" section: http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/disoft/int/download/playmemories-home/win/en/index.html

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
tmetford
Explorer

That's great! Thank you for that.

I've played around with the interface which is good, but not as intuitive as I might have expected perhaps.

However, it made a great video from all my still shots of the sun setting at Uluru.

Once I get the hang of customising the settings in the Time Lapse app, I think I'll really enjoy the results.

Many thanks

Tim

profile.country.GB.title
tmetford
Explorer

Thanks for that! I've downloaded the app and have yet to try it out.

The Play Memories application for my PC suggested by Nic has done what I wanted.

I'm sure I shall have fun exploring the Stop Motion+ soon!

Cheers

Tim