Join now - be part of our community!

RX10 M4 24 hour clock

profile.country.SE.title
totgate
Explorer

RX10 M4 24 hour clock

Hi.

I have a problem. I want to use 24 hour clock and the standard swedish date setting "YMD". My camera will only show 24 hour clock if i choose "MDY" as date setting. when i change it to "YMD" the clock will revert to AM/PM.

I have tried to change location, language etc but i can't get the clock to show time in 24 hour mode when i set date to "YMD"

Please advise. I have firmware 2.0. I have reinitialized several times.

BR.

/Tobbe Torstensson

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

Interesting, I can't find the option for 12/24 hour selection in the menu, mine is on 24 all the time???

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius
profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

IMG_7276.jpg

That is my time setup screen, nothing about a 12 or 24 hour clock?

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

That image is MENU → (Setup) → [Date/Time Setup] → desired setting?

profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

Yes!

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius
profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

Yep, 2.0

profile.country.SE.title
totgate
Explorer

You have nowhere to set 24hour clock. It changes with the date format but since we here in sweden have YMD as date format the camera automatically decides to set the clock to 12h AM/PM. If i change the date format to MDY it changes the clock to 24hour format. 

This is a huge mistake and oversight by Sony in my view and i really hope that they will fix this asap with a new firmware since that probably is the only way to fix this. (Lazy devs)... 😉

profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

Guess I'm lucky being a few miles to the West of you in the UK where they obviously decided we prefer the 24 hour format with no option to go over to 12 hours - most odd.

I also wish whoever operates this forum would allow one to stay logged in! It is very annoying to have top sign in, confirm you're not a robot by selecting busses or palm tress, then enter your email again and finally get into it! Certainly put me off coming here!! (I guess a troll will suggest I stay away?). Oh well🙄🙄