Join now - be part of our community!

RX10M4 download problem with imaging edge desktop

profile.country.GB.title
EricRX10M4
Explorer

RX10M4 download problem with imaging edge desktop

I have updated RX10-M4 to V2 firmware.

But when my camera's WiFi attempts to connect to Router address, it never makes it.

I don't see any way to specifically pair camera with Imaging Edge Desktop (IED), which is probably the cause of the problem, nor can I see anything in writing online.

What am I doing wrong?

Where/how can I update IED to latest version?

EricM

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

What version of Image Edge are you running? I'v only recently downloaded and mine is ver:1.0.00.12040 which is probably the latest.

Download here: 

profile.country.GB.title
EricRX10M4
Explorer

Mine is V1.0.00.12110. Probably not a lot of difference on W10.

EricM

profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

profile.country.GB.title
EricRX10M4
Explorer

I just cannot see/read how to make the RX10M4 shake hands with Imaging Edge Desktop.

EricM

profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

Have to agree with you Eric, the most annoying thing I have tried to do in years! It seems so complicated and like you I cannot get the camera to recognise anything or anything to recognise the camera even though it says it's connected to my WiFi.

And as for the PlayMemories thingy, I downloaded it and found that after a three day "trial" I would be billed £12 a month for it!! Who's kidding who around here?

Please Sony, get some decent instructions out there that Mr Normal can understand and follow.

I am using the helpguide.sony.net/  which also lack clarity on the subject.

Oh and this Forum is a pain to have to sign into every time with the idiot boxes! Why can't we stay signed in??

There, moan for the year!

profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

Further to my last post, the Sony PlayMemories Home should be downloaded from Sony website  not from the App Store which is a Chinese, payable chat/video thingy!! Free for three days then. £12.99/month!!

IMG_7267.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
EricRX10M4
Explorer

Thanks for the warning about the Chinese website.

I think I'll give up on Imaging Edge Desktop for now, as it is irritating.  Previously, when I was V1, I downloaded Play Memories from Sony, only for it to gather up all my photos from my hard drive, and take up a massive amount on my 'C' which is SSD. So I scrubbed that, upgraded to V2 and tried Imaging Edge Deskktop - to no avail.

One of the attractive features of the RX10M4, for me, was the ability to transfer the files by WiFi - my hopes now sadly dashed for the time being.

What other non-Sony options are there to consider, I wonder? 

profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

Huh, I'm thinking of giving up the RX10Mk4 as I am really struggling to get decent bird close-ups!!

Yes I have found that with the PlayMemories, very annoying, and also can't get anywhere with Edge!

Sony seem reluctant to help😱😱

profile.country.GB.title
EricRX10M4
Explorer

Hi

Does anyone out there have any information on Capture One Express, as Imaging Edge is a complete let-down?