Join now - be part of our community!

Format SDHC card

SOLVED
Growlgrowl
Visitor

Format SDHC card

I bought my Xperia E last week and ordered an SDHC card for it. I've put it in the phone but can't find any option to format it, only Mount/Unmaount or Erase.

I tried Erase to see if that then went on to offer a Format option but nothing.

My (old) MacBook doesn't have an SD slot.

Does the card maybe not need formatting?

Also how do I set the phone up to save stuff to the card?

I'd appreciate some advice.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam
Legend
Legend

The "Erase" option is the equivalent to formatting. The file structure will be basic however the handsets OS will generate any new folders it needs as required; for example it will make a DCIM folder when you first take a photo.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Growlgrowl
Visitor

How do I format the card?

Can I just check that, when formatted , the SD card with have the same folder structure as the internal memory.

After using erase, I just get a LOST.DIR folder.

I've just noticed that my work laptop has an SD slot. If that makes things easier.

Cheers

Sam
Legend
Legend

The "Erase" option is the equivalent to formatting. The file structure will be basic however the handsets OS will generate any new folders it needs as required; for example it will make a DCIM folder when you first take a photo.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Growlgrowl
Visitor

Cheers

I'm struggling a bit with all this because I've been used to my iPod Touch which just does everything!

I can't imagime using my Xperia for music as it seems impossible to sync in the smooth and quick way that iTunes does with the iPod wirelessly and for free.

I've never had an iPhone so maybe it also has these complications with memory and where things are stored

I have tried the Bridge for Mac Program and all it seemed to do (after 45 minutes) was clog up my MacBook and bring on 12GB worth of data (possibly music that is held on an ext HD!!) into temp files which disappeared when I force quit the program.

For phoning and texting, my Xperia is working a treat.

Thanks again for your advice...I'll no doubt be back!