Join now - be part of our community!

First music track purchased.

Eloise1
Visitor

First music track purchased.

What was your first ever track bought, not borrowed or taped. Can you remember? Vinyl, CD was it a single, 12 inch or album? :smileythinking: :smileyblush: :smileygrin:
Or are you the MP3 generation and downloaded it?

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I think it was 'Candles in the Rain'. This was a cult album when I was at University.

Remember this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqoDXhO3MxI&feature=related

They don't make them like they used to!!!!!

Remember I was a teenager through the 60's - flower power and all that. I still consider myself fortunate to have been in my 'teens for the greatest ever year for music - 1967.

Previous albums like Rubber Soul and Sgt. Pepper were bought by my sister!!

:cry:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I can't remember my first single but I think my first album was Depeche Mode's - Speak & Spell

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I think the first singles bought for me were:

"Dead Ringer For Love" by Meatloaf
"The Can Can" by Bad Manners

I think the first album I got my parents to buy me was the Adam and the Ants album lol

The first single I ever bought with my own money was 'Radio gaga' by queen.

profile.country.CH.title
stone69
Contributor

Not quite sure if it's the very first single I bought myself, but one of the first and the one I remember spontaneous:
The Romantics - "Talking in your sleep"

Watch the video here:
The Romantics - Talking in your sleep

...man I'm feeling old.....especially when being at work on a Saturday morning 6:30am :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
lyapple
New

Had a tape recorder (reel to reel, weighed a ton) before I had a record player. Taped Top of the Pops weekly and saw tape as a better option than discs for ages. When I did get a record player for my 21st I got some vouchers as well and bought 3 LPs – Cliff, one I can’t remember (possibly Judy Collins or Joni Mitchell???) and the other was Melanie with ‘Candles in the Rain’ (Thal – link is great). Lost the original copy of the latter when I moved home from Belfast in 1979. In the interim I think the first 45 I bought was ‘Seasons in the Sun’ by Terry Jacks.

About a year ago decided my collection of vinyl was just taking up space, so around 200 LPs went to the charity shop. I WANT THEM BACK!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Oops, not Thal, you're too young. I meant Blencogo. :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Is this you in 1967 Pandora?

:thinking: :thinking:

angus1878
Visitor

mine was
THE THEME TO THE WATER MARGIN
a seven inch single
(it was a programme on tv , japanese , called THE WATER MARGIN

my first ever cd single was THE CULT EDIE (CIAO BABY)
cd album SGT PEPPERS LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND

profile.country.GB.title
lyapple
New

Is this you in 1967 Pandora?

:thinking: :thinking:

That's me - always a ready gesticulation. :laughing:

profile.country.en_GB.title
biancavaio
Visitor

Gosh , its been a while since my last post in the forum .. saw this thread and thought to myself ... and well after about 20 minutes of thinking I remembered that the first music track I purchased was 'Madonna - Frozen'

I loved that song for about 6 months - always use to play it .. though now I can't seem to recollect where I kept it LOL

Anyways Chao

Bianca