profile.country.GB.title
ijburnell
New

How to complain

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
ijburnell
New

Had a problem with Sony XR55A80J with the picture freezing up. Only way to fix was switch off and on at socket. Anyway logged a ticket with support and got all the usual questions factory reset, software up to date etc. etc. - all conscientiously answered. Eventually they stopped replying. I followed up and was given link to authorised repair centres. Rang my nearest one and they said normally Sony book it up under warranty. Got back to Sony and they asked to evidence the warranty. I said - check you own records. Registered under MySony upon purchase and lasts until 12/26. Again no reply. Eventually got in touch with the shop I purchased from and they obviously rattled some cage because I then got a link to book repair. Nice engineer can round to house and - this is the best part - pressed a sequence on the remote (not secret by the way anyone can do it) - and 10 seconds later, yes 10 seconds later came up with diagnostics say motherboard duff. He already had the replacement part, so whipped back off TV, replaced and all ok now (I hope)

My point is I had specifically asked the support (who I find out is Egypt) whether any diagnostics could be run and was told they couldn't!! so I am furious - 10 seconds is all it took for the repair guy to diagnose when call has been open about 6 weeks

I have replied to the ticket asking for this to be escalated to a formal complaint since I'd like to know why support could have done the same and of course no reply thus far

I there anything I can do or just forget it and move on

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

If your TV is still under warranty from the seller (some offer multi year guarantees) always contact them first.

They will arrange the repair with Sony under their terms with Sony and send out an engineer to assess and repair.

My Sony from 2019 became faulty after 14 months, contacted John Lewis, two days later engineer phoned 

to clarify what the problem was, diagnosed over the phone, duff motherboard, no need to be present.

Came up next day changed to new motherboard, TV back working in minutes and has not faltered ever since.

Apparently Sony had a bit of a reputation for duff motherboards.