Join now - be part of our community!

HT-S40R

profile.country.GB.title
nanaeugene
Explorer

HT-S40R

I have recently bought Sony HT-S40R sound bar. Though the audio I works alright, the panel doesn’t light up so I am unable to see my inputs or anything. It looks like it’s a production problem and I have tried to contact Sony without success. I hope someone can help me out.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

If you think there is a manufacturing problem with the soundbar then the first thing you should do is contact the seller of the item and arrange a replacement or a refund.

Have you inadvertently switched off the display using the remote control, see page 34 of the online manual.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/sound-bars-home-theater-systems-sound-bars-surround-speak...

Although having said that if you have selected OFF using the Dimmer button on the remote

any subsequent presses on the remote should cause the Display to show for about 10 seconds.

profile.country.GB.title
nanaeugene
Explorer

I have not switched the panel off. Even if I have done so, I should be able to switch it back on and I have tried using the dimmer as well as resetting it using the instructions given, which should take it back to factory settings but then it still wouldn’t come on.

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

Okay, have you contacted the place you bought this from, and if so what did they say.

profile.country.GB.title
nanaeugene
Explorer

I have not contacted them yet. I bought it like 10 months ago and I don’t know if it’s Sony I have to contact or the retailer.

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

Always go to the place you bought it from.

Have you been in this situation ever since you bought it and if so why have you left it so long.

As it is 10 months old it is still under warranty and you should be making arrangements with the reseller to get this repaired.

profile.country.GB.title
nanaeugene
Explorer

It only started like a week ago and thanks very much for the info. I will contact the retailer and see what they say.