Join now - be part of our community!

I've been requested to apologise......

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I've been requested to apologise......

Aloha everyone!

I received an email this morning requesting I make an apology

I assume CU means Robbinson Christopher but as there is no member mentioned I cannot say for sure.

I'm sorry CU chose to bring up the previous 'matter' and compare it in this instance in an attempt to chide me.
There is no comparison between the two, a fact that completely escapes him.

I was told at the time to re-word my email requesting the post's removal and was also told CU 'does not work to my timescale'

I feel he is singling me out in this instance. Has anyone else received an email about this? Prove me wrong.

He was doing so well until he mentioned 'Pride' in today's little message[:D
Do I apologise? Do I tell him I don't work to his timescale? Do I tell him to re-word his email?

What do you think?
I would expect that CU would also have protected the people who basically babysit his forum, thus I expect Mr Robinson to apologise now that he has read my apology.

I'm expecting a ban for this by the way which I hope will satisfy some people.
My crime? Defending the VM's
Would I have done it any differently? Hell No!:smileygrin:

Thank you - you've been a lovely audience!:smileygrin:

(Dear Santa Please give my memory card to Rich this year)

58 REPLIES 58
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Sorry Blencogo, I really f**ked up there

faithx

Jumpy, me old mate :wink:

Can I be totally honest with you???????????

Haven't got a bloody clue what everyone is talking about, and can't be arsed to read any posts, because well.................. er............ I'm too lazy and have a million forums to catch up on 'cos I've been helping the brewery industry in sunny (well actually it pissed down) Belfast for a little while :smileygrin:

So now I'm back, can I just say, even though I don't know what I'm supporting, you have my full support :kissing_heart:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Thank you Faith! :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Sorry I'm late reading your post Mr 'Lo.
I understand the way you feel disappointment towards Clubuser regarding the forum.

I feel anger towards Clubuser (now thats a laugh in itself) for the cheap shot he had at me in an email and the extremely arrogant way I was treated earlier.
I will say no more on the matter after this post . The fact he has answered nobody's posts on this subject speaks volumes about his involvement here and his interpersonal skills.
I don't know how much he was paid or exactly what he did in setting this place up but lets face it we are all running it. Perhaps it should be officially passed to us now.

"Pride?" You don't know the meaning of the word Sebastian.

This will all be ignored I'm sure, and swept under the carpet.
Proves me right really, doesn't it.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sorry Blencogo, I really f**ked up there

It's OK Kee-Lo - silly name anyway. It's just the name of the village I live in!

I share your frustrations - we seem to be answering the same questions every day. Some of it is what seems to be the inability of posters to look back a few days in the forums but this is greatly magnified by the lack of a useful search facility and the lack of 'sticky' posts covering common problems.

Perhaps we need to modernise. There are many Forums which are not used anymore - why can't we have some new ones: -

Games Room - for threads like "Why can't I run 'Far Cry' at 92 frames per second on my Sinclair Spectrum 48K?" (anyone else here remember 'Hungry Horace' and 'Horace Goes Skiing'?)

Zina's Disco - for threads like "Where can I download a magic wand to make my DW-D56A drive work?"

Boy Racer's Parking Lot - for useful contributions like "I've got more money than sense. Where can I spend more than my Vaio is worth on 'Go Faster' goodies?"

Janet and John Book (with pictures) - for non-readers and "I have formated my hard drive and didn't make any Recovery Discs!"

Language School - "I bought a Mongolian Vaio - Can someone email me some English recovery discs?"

Optimists' Corner - "I am expecting a reply from Vaio-Link Support" and "How do I ask Sony to come and repair my Vaio on site like other reputable manufacturers?"

etcetera ..................

:cry:

tonybeard
Explorer

Actually if we all agree to have links to those more common questions in our signitures. A VM common all Q&A signiture then the frustration factor just may be lifted. I'll see if I can string some together but I'm still unsure how to manipulate my signiture with links and so forth. I think Rich, Blenco Keelo and Thalmus should compile the link signiture list and then graft it onto all active VM's signitures.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

That may not be a bad idea at all Tony, :smileygrin:

If one of the masters, who is lucky enough to be able to post in the announcements section, was to put together a selection of common solutions as Tony mentioned.

1) This would stop other members posting further messages onto the thread, therefore keeping it clean.

2) All active members/masters could then simply attach a link to the 'Club Vaio's frequently posted problems' post to their signature..

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hey what happened to my rant about Clubuser being extremely arrogant and not having the 'cojones' to answer all our posts and explain himself?

faithx

For some reason I seem to have the privilege to post in the Announcement section, as does Kee. As you may see, 'cos I just tested it :tongue:

So put something together, and one of us could post it.

I would miss slagging off the male population if I changed my sig :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I've got an announcement :smileygrin:
(read above)