Join now - be part of our community!

Playstation 5 utter disaster of a launch and continued disaster

Playstation 5 utter disaster of a launch and continued disaster

The money is burning a hole in my pocket for a PS5 digital but every time stock is released in the UK, virtually all of which is going through game.co.uk, scalper bots buy all the stock!

Just the other day, got in queue on game website, after about an hour of waiting, "sorry we're now out of stock". Later the same day on eBay PS5 Digital with screenshot of game.co.uk confirmation email selling buy it now for £800!!

Sony get your act together!! In these covid times gaming is a big release but the scalper bots are buying all the stock and extorting real gamers.

Here is a plan that would resolve this, sell direct to customers or partner with 1 company in each country you are selling it and implement the following:  1 x PS5 (disc or digital) per Playstation ID tag where that playstation ID tag was created before the November launch. If someone wants 2 then tough they have to wait until general availability of stock such that there isn't this show of none available anywhere. Partner with all the big players like GumTree, eBay, Facebook Marketplace etc.. and work out some kind of deal where they will be ban sales of PS5 until general availability is possible. If you buy one and then decide you don't want, tough you have to wait to sell it.

The above plan would ensure that at least real Playstation gamers were getting them. If one of those gamers was an and sold it on eBay - so be it, but they won't be getting another one for a long while. It is the fairest method in my eyes. At present it's scalper city. I reported one seller on eBay who had 7 identical buy it now listings for digital model for £800 - absolutely sickening. Of course eBay etc.. could be proactive in taking down these sellers items but of course they don't because they make 10% odd so lots of money for them.

Come on Sony you gain nothing from these high scalper prices, all it does is off Playstation fans.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

This is the Community for Sony Electronics and Mobiles. For anything related to Sony PlayStation the support team can be contacted here or on Twitter @AskPS_UK.

Cheers,

Sean