Join now - be part of our community!

Playstation support false accusation - urgent help needed!

JackC7
New

Playstation support false accusation - urgent help needed!

Hello,

My PSN account was recently suspended for 7 days. The email notifying me of this unjust action states the following:

"Hate speech or other hateful content including racism, sexism, xenophobia, or hate directed at religious beliefs, cultural identity, gender identity, or sexual orientation."

This is quite simply a false accusation. Not only is it blatant defamation of character, it's not true at all. I haven't sent any messages. I have not been racist, sexist, xenophobic or homophobic at any point. This is just not true. Hopefully an agent replies to this thread promptly so the situation can be resolved. I'm shocked and offended that I have been falsely accused of such disgusting actions, with absolutely no proof of them at all. I'm a loyal paying customer of sony and playstation, and for them to accuse me of these acts is very upsetting.

I look forward to getting a prompt response, 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @JackC7   and welcome to the UK Sony user Community :slight_smile:

Nobody from Sony works on these forums so you won't receive any response here.

I'm not sure there's much you can do about a temporary suspension as

PlayStation Support states:

"Can I appeal my PSN suspension?

Every suspension on PlayStation Network is the result of a thorough investigation by PlayStation Safety staff. As a result, suspensions are final and cannot be appealed unless:

☹️

profile.country.GB.title
Elan_G

Hi Jack, 

We're really sorry to hear this. 

Please reach out to PlayStation directly, as they'll be able to shed light on this. 

You can reach them on Twitter via @AskPS_UK or by phone on 020 358 2665.

Best, 

Elan

Sojo71
New

Sadly, my son received the same false allegation and most alarming is that another player advised he was going to report him as a ‘joke’. He is deeply disturbed and upset by the accusations,.

I am deeply concerned at the false allegations, character assassination and indeed what I perceive as bullying targeted against him.

it is also concerning that this does not appear an isolated incident. What is Sony actively doing to stop this? There appears no mechanism to directly appeal- where is the safe guarding for children falsely accused? 

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

This is the Community for Sony Electronics.  For anything related to Sony PlayStation you will need to connect with the PlayStation team via their dedicated support page here: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/support/

Best wishes,

Sean