Join now - be part of our community!

Sony xperia L1 locked with google

profile.country.GB.title
zazzy80
New

Sony xperia L1 locked with google

Hello I purchased a brand new Xperia L1 roughly a year ago for my partner... I did the initial set up of the phone and added a Google account, the phone wasn't used for a few months and when I powered it on I did a reset of the phone, now I cannot get past the main screen as its asking for Google account details.... Details that I don't remember at all and can no longer get into the phone, is there any way around this as I've tried all options and tried to get the factory reset menu but that isn't appearing when power button and volume down are held.... Is the phone now locked for good and completely useless... Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Factory Reset Protection, you can google that.

Xperia Companion may help, but probably not.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

As for Android phones it's a must to use Google account with the device when you use the phone for the first time and if the phone is reset it will ask for the Google account details and you won't be able to access the device without them as this is a part of the device's security , even the factory data reset and software repair won't help as you'll go back to the same step again where t asks for the Google account details. I think you should contact Sony to check if they have a solution somehow for this.