Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia Z2 Gapping

Cial515
New

Sony Xperia Z2 Gapping

I got my first xperia z2 in phones4u in swansea on a 37.99 contract and about a week later i noticed the side trimming by the power/volume button was coming away from the phone and after closer studying I noticed the speaker was out of alignment causing gapping.

I went my local phones4u store in neath and showed them and they gave me an exchange no problem.

When I got home i had a good look at the phone and noticed 2 gaps on the bottom left and top right sides of the screen.

I had to take my 9 month old baby to hospital for a check up which was in another town 3rd store phones4u in bridgend, I showed the guy this phone and spoke to customer services they exchanged the phone again

i had a look over i didnt notice anything at the time, about 3 hours later i was looking around the phone and noticed that the trimming by the side was coming away and there was atleast a 1mm gap at the bottom left on the phone, i really dont know how i missed it.

I went back to the neath store showed the guy the gap, explained all my troubles, explained i dont want another one with a gap, and i also explained how im very unsure about if i want to even keep my contract and how he then delightfuly told me that there is no cancellations in store with phones4u, so i was bassicly getting told that i can have a phone with gaps in the screen at £900 for a 2yr contract or another z2 with the same problem. the guy in the neath store brought out 6 different z2's 3 white 3 black, 1 of them he looked over and said he wouldnt even show me, obvoiusly that bad.. the others wernt any better i picked the one with the least gapping, lmao? what is this buying a brand new "waterproof" phone and i got to try pick the least defective one.

WEll anyway i wasnt happy, i complained to customer service phones4u a few days later and iv been back to the swansea store to look at those and they have gaps in the screen also, so im just waiting hopefully on a new line of z2? so theres no gaps in the screen, i have an exchange waiting with phones4u but i dont know how long they will allow to wait for me to take that exchange again concidering its the 5th time, I would really like some feedback from sony on this as I have had no luck with sony customer services on live chat.

All I want is what I am paying for is that to much to ask?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@Cial515 Hi there and welcome to the Community. :slight_smile:

This is a Sony user / fan based forum so Sony won't reply to you here.

It does seem like you are being given the runaround. :slight_frown:

(For example what on earth are phones4u store managers doing carrying so many faulty items? Or not even noticing they were all faulty in store?) They shouldn't be offering deals on faulty goods, plus then telling you that you can't cancel.

If they have offered you 5 faulty items then I think you can wait as long as it takes for them to find one that is 'fit for purpose'. :wink: I also think that you have grounds to cancel your contract with them, but maybe another member may know more about that.

Have you tried posting on the actual Sony smartphones support forum Here?

There are some Sony Staff  there.

Also I would phone customer support instead of live chat:

Monday to Friday : 08:00 - 20:00

Saturday : 09:00 - 17:00

+44 (0)8705 237 237

(Local rate) (£0,10/m)

(Although your deal is with phones4uand not Sony)