Join now - be part of our community!

Does the Sony Shake-X3D have a proper power-off button?

SOLVED

Does the Sony Shake-X3D have a proper power-off button?

...or must I pull out the power chord every time to make the internal fan stop whirring? I'm sorry if my question is actually as dumb as it sounds :(.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi atleastsixcharacters,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

Not a dumb question I have a similar issue with a decoder box, looking at the manual there is reference to  your device automatically switching to Power Saving Mode, so I wondered does the fan still sound when your device is in power saving mode??

To answer your question from what I can tell there is only the on/standby button, so switching of at the plug would be the only option to stop power reaching the fan, etc..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi atleastsixcharacters,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

Not a dumb question I have a similar issue with a decoder box, looking at the manual there is reference to  your device automatically switching to Power Saving Mode, so I wondered does the fan still sound when your device is in power saving mode??

To answer your question from what I can tell there is only the on/standby button, so switching of at the plug would be the only option to stop power reaching the fan, etc..

Thanks for the reply. My wall socket is difficult to reach, so my only choice then is to pull out the cable from the unit every time.

Why would they not put an off button on an electronic device? Especially one with a perpetually moving part with a limited life cycle (internal fan). This is just an astonishingly poor design choice that one wouldn't expect from an electronics giant like Sony. I mean honestly if I had known this was an issue, I would have spent my money elsewhere.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

if I was to guess on a reason why Sony decided not to put an off switch I would say due to the fact that it has a clock & to enable paired Bluetooth devices to switch on the system..

Does the fan ever switch off or is the sound constant??