Join now - be part of our community!

4K Media Player FMP-X10

profile.country.GB.title
Costeta

4K Media Player FMP-X10

Hi,

Does anyone know if Sony UK plan to sell the 4K Media Player FMP-X10 with 4K Sony Video Unlimited in the UK?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I wont say never, because who know what Sony's intentions are.  However, I would be most surprised if they do launch the FMP-X10 to the EU market, but it is highly unlikely they will though.

Most of the time it is generally consumer demand and the likely sales generated that determine the products in a given geographical area.  I personally dont think there is much demand for this over the FMP-X5.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Costeta

Quinnicus,

many thanks. You are probably right.

Am I right in thinking the FMP-X5 does not have an internal hard drive and does not include Sony 4k Unlimited video access?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The FMP-X5 does not have an internal HDD, therefore Sony 4K Unlimited video will not work (and is not an option).  This is because the 4K unlimited video service downloads the content to the unternal HDD.

So, the FMP-X5, is basically a 4K Netflix add-on, plus the ability to decode 4K HEVC encoded videos via a camcorder or external usb device.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Costeta

Hi, Quinnicus,

thanks for the information. It's definately the X10 that I want. I have written a letter to Sony UK asking if they plan to sell the X10 in the UK. I might get a positive reply. Fingers crossed.

Do you know of anyone who has imported a X10 from the US and if Sony 4k Unlimited video works OK on it?