Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S570 Thumbnails

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Simon23
Explorer

BDP-S570 Thumbnails

On my BDP-S570 the Home menu thumbnail icons for BBC iPlayer, Demand Five, LOVEFiLM etc are not showing. I have tried a full reset but no joy. Software version M04.R.708. Any ideas?

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.en_GB.title
Danielblackadder
Visitor

I have the latest firmware update, there is no difference over wireless or wired network.  The greyed out cons are where you would have bbc i player logo, love film etc the icons just now are like the orange and white RSS feeds - but a grey version.  Im wondering if its the router - but have reset that, updated it etc.

Catmambo
Contributor

Can you attach a pic if possible? Never heard of the icons being greyed out before.

Thanks

Danielblackadder
Visitor

as you can see the qriocity icon is there, dvd and also the berlin philharmoniker icon is there under the music tab.

Danielblackadder
Visitor

No such luck unfortunately :slight_frown:

Catmambo
Contributor

Ok - can you make sure you are disconnected from the network, then go to settings>resetting and 'reset to factory settings, making sure you select all settings. After that go to 'Initialise Personal Information' under the same resetting tab and hit ok. That should flush all the old icons. Then reconnect via ethernet to your router, and go into network and check your settings, making sure it says you are conneted under 'status' and go back to the main menu and select from either music or vide, 'select to refresh Internet content'.

Thus should clear everything out and restart all the channels *hopefully*

Let me know how you get on.

thanks

Danielblackadder
Visitor

cool, thanks very much for your help!!

Catmambo
Contributor

What happens, same greyed out icons?

Very odd as the system is just plug and play. Maybe there is some other glitch which is preventing normal operation. Depending on how old the system is, I'd either get it swapped by your retailer or book it in at your local Sony Service Centre (details at the top of the page) so they can test and diagnose.

Sorry I can't offer a simpler workaround.

Thanks