Join now - be part of our community!

FM Radio version 4.0.11

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

FM Radio version 4.0.11

My Sony Xperia L1 Smartphone G3311 came with FM Radio version 4.0.11 pre-installed which sounds Mono when Stereo is enabled in Cambridge where I live, but sounds Stereo here in West Rainton where I am staying. How can I make it sound Stereo in Cambridge, how can I improve the reception in Cambridge?, does the app need to be updated? are there any other Sony radio apps that sound Stereo when it is enabled, and that don't need Wi-Fi and an Internet connection?. 

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi there,

Actually preinstalled FM radio apps are no longer available on Sony phones, only on the old devices.

So i don't think there are any other apps by Sony regarding the FM radio.

Maybe you can try the steps here on the app that you have, it could solve the issue.

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

Thanks for this information. I've just got back from holiday so I'll try thease methods when I've got time and get back to you. Can we keep this case open?.

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

The FM radio app still sounds Mono when Stereo is enabled even after a software repair. Is a software repair the same as a factory restore?.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Try to contact the developer of the app, maybe they can help with this matter?

Also the software repair looks like the factory data reset, but it can fix software issue more than the factory data reset.

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

Who is the developer of the app, is it Sony Mobile communications?

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

Stereo still sounds Mono after a factory restore.

profile.country.GB.title
EastonSosa
New

I had a similar issue when I was road-tripping across the country.One trick I found helpful was updating the app whenever there's an available update. Sometimes these updates include improvements in reception and sound quality. Also, you might want to try adjusting the antenna if your phone has one.Oh, and speaking of radios, I remember stumbling upon a cool ham radio shop while I was traveling. They had these wholesale ham radio transceivers that were perfect for enthusiasts and professionals alike. It was fascinating to see how passionate people were about ham radio, and it might just be the solution you're looking for in terms of better reception and stereo sound.

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

After two and half years the person you are responding to may have found a solution.

Thread started in 2021.

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

How do I update FM Radio version 4.0.11 and how do I find out when there is an update?. My Smartphone uses the headphone wire as an antenna and I've found it doesn't improve reception.