Join now - be part of our community!

No audio output for YouTube videos on ELM

SOLVED
Not applicable

No audio output for YouTube videos on ELM

Hi All,

I purchased a sony ericsson ELM this week. I notice that I am able to watch videos on youtube but I am not getting audio :smileysad:.  Any idea as to what is going wrong?

I had set the volume to max but still couldnt hear anything.

Please Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dr_Chris
Champion

Then check that the Profile (Settings--General--Profiles) is NOT set to Meeting--change it to Normal.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dr_Chris
Champion

Are you using your Navigation "up" button to increase the volume or the side volume control?

Not applicable

The navigation "up" button. Actually I tried both Slightly_smiling_Face

When I connect my headphones, it worked.....

Are the headphones must to hear audio from youtube?

Dr_Chris
Champion

Then check that the Profile (Settings--General--Profiles) is NOT set to Meeting--change it to Normal.

Not applicable

Thanks a lot Dr_Chris, It worked!

Not applicable

Thanks for that, I have been looking for a solution to this - the other way to activate the sound again is to take it out of 'silent mode' by holding down the # key on the home screen.

I am on my 3rd SE elm because I returned the previous 2 because of this 'fault', the support people were unable to come up with this solution - SE need to make the playing of youtube video sound consistent with the way sound is output from playing mp4 videos or other sounds stored on the elm.

On my old SE C702, youtube video sound would still be output even if the phone was in silent mode - this is the better design solution me thinks.

Dr_Chris
Champion

No problem.I only found that out from the Help section in Youtube.