Join now - be part of our community!

3D Side-by-Side (SBS) / Over-Under (OU) 3D options disappeared in firmware update

3D Side-by-Side (SBS) / Over-Under (OU) 3D options disappeared in firmware update

Side-by-Side / Over-Under 3D Options appear to be broken in the latest software update

The 3D Side-by-Side (SBS) / Over-Under (OU) 3D options disappeared after installing firmware update PKG3.704EUA on my Bravia KD-55X8505B

Before my Sony KD-55X8505B TV upgraded to the latest firmware update PKG3.704EUA I was able to go into the 3D settings and select Side-by-Side or Over-Under depending on the content I wanted to watch. As of the latest update those options are gone.

The following options are available:

Click 3D button on remote (or options > 3D Viewing😞

3D-Viewing

[ON]

[OFF]

If I on the remote click HOME > Settings > Picture > 3D Settings I get the following options:

[3D Viewing] > (ON/OFF)

[Adjust 3D Depth] > (-2/0/+2)

[Auto 3D] > (OFF/Auto1/Auto2)

[3D Signal Message] > (On/Off)

There are no available options to select side-by-side or over-under. The Auto1 and Auto2 settings do not give me side-by-side or over-under even tough there is explanatory text saying that they should.

My content remains two versions of the movie next to eachother and not super-imposed on top of eachother, alas no 3D effect. The KD-55X8505B is a passive 3D device. My TV uses Swedish language so I have translated the dialogue boxes to english.

Please advise

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sorry that you have had no response, but can you confirm if this is still an issue?

Cheers