Join now - be part of our community!

55x9005b fantastic 4K picture

profile.country.en_GB.title
dweaver1

55x9005b fantastic 4K picture

Just got the Astra 4k demo channel working & the picture quality is stunning. 

Prior to this I had only viewed IP stuff (youtube & Amazon) - I now understand the criticism of compression - the picture quality of the satellite stuff is so much better (pity about the content). 

Hope there's a 'real' channel soon... 

8 REPLIES 8
Caledonian_TV
Contributor

Don't get too excited... There is another UHD demo on Eutelsat 5W  - The TV can't decode it! You get sound but no picture! - Sony haven't bothered providing access to adjust the appropriate reception parameters.

profile.country.GB.title
Wrenny1969

Great to hear a positive experience 👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there

Thanks for taking the time to post dweaver1.  I agree with Wrenny1969 above, its great to hear a positive experience.

Just wait until you see the quality of true 4K content on soon to be released 4k bluray players - the tv will really stand out!

Cheers

Ps: the response from Caledonian_TV, hes referring to a totally different model, so best ignore.  Im unsure though for your tv.

Caledonian_TV
Contributor

Clearly Sony's PR department is TRULY Emperor's New clothes territory... The sheer unadulterated arrogance and contempt for their customers that Sony are showing is something to behold! 

That's right Quinnicus...  Best ignore the trained experienced broadcast technician who's been inconveniencing your 'non-employers' so much....   Please DO explain what they've got so right with this model that they've got so very very wrong with others.... 

I'll put MY technical qualifications head-to-head with yours any day Mr "expert"!

After all; a tuner is a tuner... You're saying Sony made one that WORKS for this set; but decided a broken one was OK for the rest of their range? No; actually, their newer - as in the current brand new - models!

Really... You couldn't make this Pythonesque rubbish up! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Caledonian_TV has a 2015 Android based TV.  The original poster has a 2014 non-android - apples and oranges.  As i said in my reply, i cannot confirm if the demo works or not on Eutelsat 5W for his TV.  Besides, you also cannot confirm it doesnt.

Please keep your negativity in the appropriate threads and let people enjoy their equipment when they are happy with it.  

Caledonian_TV
Contributor

Not apples and oranges at all....  Which, if you actually had any real technical expertise you'd understand!  

What part of these both being Sony Television receivers don't you understand?   And, actually, I do have indirect access to one of these sets...  All I have to do is move a dish!  Which I will do when I have a bit of time over the weekend!

The 4K picture is indeed stunning... On the Android sets too...  The point being that the ability to receive the Astra Demo is no indication that any of these sets (they actually have tuners from the very same 'family') are in any way shape or form 'future proof' in terms of being able to receive 4K broadcasts when they start to emerge! 

As for your sycophancy towards this brand; a brand which is openly abusing those who have bought its latest products... Well, if you're not being paid that's inexplicable. And frankly Quinnicus, I personally don't believe for a second you or any of the 'ra ra Sony' brigade  that swarm about these forums are anything other than paid (directly or indirectly) Sony shills...

But here's the bottom line Quinnicus... I WILL call out these abusive incompetents as and when I see fit. Sony used to make great equipment... But not any more... 

And as far as taking instruction from the likes of you as to where and when I express negativity; well you can go read the response given in Arkell Vs Pressdram too! Capiche?

profile.country.GB.title
Wrenny1969

Is this a thread hijack, maybe tidy it up. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Caledonian_TV - please take the time to refresh yourself with the Community Guidelines and Code of Conduct.  Spamming, trolling and libelous/defamatory claims will NOT be tollerated.

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/community-guidelines/sony-community-guidelines/td-p/1167490

http://www.sony.co.uk/eu/pages/privacy/CodeOfConduct_en.html

@dweaver1 - unfortunately I have to lock this thread, as it has gone off-topic.  Thank you very much for taking the time to post - its not too often people post 'happy' stories.