Join now - be part of our community!

BBC i player not working thru bravia tv

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
deniseparnell
Visitor

BBC i player not working thru bravia tv

I can't get BBC i player to work thru bravia internet video, despite downloading latest firmware from sony website

35 REPLIES 35
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi Clutcher - as mentioned, do try updating the firmware manually first and then refresh the content.

Thanks

Catmambo
Contributor

Good job @Richliv  - glad its working now :slight_smile:

TessGee
Visitor

I have just purchased a KDL-32EX713 and am having the same problem accessing iPlayer.

All other internet services working fine. I have refreshed network content and tried everything else mentioned on this forum.

I have downloaded the new firmware but  the tv won't recognise the USB I am using.

I am on a Mac - does this make a difference?

Do I need to use the Sony wireless dongle USB - the Mac does not recognise it?

Or will the Tv update itself thru the wifi?

Thanks for any help

richliv
Visitor

I would try using a wired connection before trying the wifi, although if everything else works, it seems unlikely to be the problem. As I say, all I did was reconfirm the Wired Settings option and my inlayer started working. Before that other net services had been working fine so somehow this is specific to iplayer with the Bravia software.; Interestingly (to me) I had to send my set back to Amazon and when a replacement with a properly working screen arrived , iplayer worked first time. I wonder therefore if the Sony iplayer firmware has to register itself with Sony or the BBC before it will work at all.

Catmambo
Contributor

It won't work unless you update to the latest firmware. Not aware of any issues with using a Mac. Bear in mind you have to leave the update file in the directory when you copy it over, not extract it and put it in the root.

The update will not be performed if the folder structure, name of the folder, or name of the file inside the folder is modified.

Thanks

northwest
Visitor

same happening on KDL-40NX713 which I have only bought because it has wireless built in and wired is not an option Iy has the latest firmwar, well at least according to sony.

Anyone any ideas

TessGee
Visitor

Any ideas why the TV won't recognise the USB?  It's in working order. I just unzipped the download the copied whole folder to USB...no renaming or modifying...

Catmambo
Contributor

What version of the firmware are you running? Can you explain what happens when you press the iPlayer logo.

TessGee
Visitor

The firmware is 0107 - I think 08 is the latest??

When I press iPlayer it gives me the loading message then says it needs to be updated - go to Product Support and check Automatic System Update is on - which it is...

Catmambo
Contributor

Yes automatic update can be very slow and unreliable - it rely's on downloads being delivered over the air(waves) -OTA. So its much quicker to simply download the update onto USB stick and update it manually. If you check the top of this page and press support>online support and then choose your TV from the drop down menu and follow the instructions, you should be able to update pretty quickly

Thanks