Join now - be part of our community!

* Bravia 55HX853 & WiFi Direct / Imediashare

profile.country.GB.title
brave01heart
Explorer

* Bravia 55HX853 & WiFi Direct / Imediashare

Hi , I managed to connect my iPhone to the TV using WiFi Direct and I then downloaded imediashare app and installed it on my iPhone but, for me, the app did not work fully as described.

I was able to view my photos on the TV but, when trying to play a selection of music, the TV first displayed:

"player buffering" followed by, "playback not available" which was a bit disappointing?

imediashare is supposed to allow you to view your photos on the TV, play your music, your videos and there is a tab called local network.

Any ideas on why I was unable to play any of my iPhone 6 music?

What is the Local Network tab for?  I clicked on it but got the busy thingy just going round and round so it does not seem to be working for me? 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

My appologies for not answering you sooner on your original thread - ive been a little poorly and avoided these forums for a few days :wink:

Anyway, im not too familiar with iphone connectivity im afraid, however you can only playback files that the TV supports - probably the reason why your having problems.  See the chart below for the following files that your TV supports.

Are your music in the MP3 format?

_20160528_194758.JPG

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
brave01heart
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus

Thanks for replying.

No, that's fine about not replying sooner; I figured that as you basal ways replied promptly, there must have been something wrong.  Hope you are now on the mend?

I also thought that, the fact that my original issue was solved and, even though question was still related to WIFi Direct, maybe I should start a new thread.

With regard to my music not playing to my TV using iMediashare, the music is songs that I've downloaded from the App Store but I don't know what format the are?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya

Yep on the mend - thanks.  Just watching football at the moment :slight_smile:

Doing a Google search:

_20160528_203729.JPG

If this is your case, then those files cannot be played back to your tv.  The would need to be converted to MP3 firstly. See HERE on how to convert.

However, why not download an mp3 test file as a 'proof of concept' firstly just to check that is the issue?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
brave01heart
Explorer

Hi

Yes, that is my case but I don't get it?

The info on the imediashare app in the App Store clearly states that it's supports iOS 9 devices so that should mean that the app supports and should play any photos, music and videos on that device which, in my case, is

my iPhone 6S?